A Solicitor / Associate in Civil Litigation is sought by this global law firm to work in the litigation team in Exeter.
You will be NQ to 3 years PQE and will be well supported at Partner level and other fee earners in the litigation department.
- Handling a varied caseload of legal expenses backed dispute claims involving property, construction and consumer contracts;
- Reviewing and advising on legal expense cover;
- Assisting partners and senior solicitors with more substantial disputes;
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Participation actively in marketing initiatives, including training days/ seminars;
- Ensure files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures and service level agreements;
- Monitoring and provision of management information to insurer client;
- Participate in firm wide and departmental training sessions;
- Meet targets as agreed. Manage files, time and billing efficiently and in a cost effective manner;
- Attending conferences, giving and assisting with presentations, writing articles and creating marketing materials;
- Training, supervision and development of junior staff where appropriate.
What you need:
- Solicitor with NQ - 3 years PQE and experience in civil litigation or relevant litigation seat at NQ level;
- Excellent communication skills with collaborative approach and a team player;
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and manage and progress files;
- Strong client focus and commitment to service delivery;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Demonstrable passion for business development;
- Flexibility and a can do attitude;
- Excellent academic record;
- Experience of running cases from start to finish;
- Managing client relationships.
You will join a firm continuing to grow in size, reputation and expertise who offer a competitive salary and benefits for this full time permanent position.